Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Woman Sues Because NYC Pipe Blast Reminded Her Of 9/11

0 comments
Consider any victim sympathy status she may have had revoked.

Fox News:

A woman whose sister died in the Sept. 11 attacks filed a lawsuit over last week's steam pipe eruption in Manhattan, saying Tuesday that the explosion brought back horrible memories.

Francine Dorf's lawsuit accuses Consolidated Edison of negligence, saying the utility didn't properly maintain the pipe that ruptured outside her office and sent a geyser of steam, mud and asbestos-tainted debris over the neighborhood near Grand Central Terminal.

"I thought a building was going to collapse," said Dorf, 52, a legal secretary. She is seeking unspecified damages.

Her sister died when the twin towers collapsed.

Dorf said she called her brother and mother after the steam pipe rupture last Wednesday to say goodbye.

"I can't sleep, I can't eat. If I lay down I can see the smoke," she said. "And I think of my sister over and over again. What she must have went through on 9/11."

Now if you'll excuse me ... I have to file a lawsuit against the NFL Network for re-airing the last Super Bowl. Thereby forcing me to relive the defeat of my Bears.

Comments

0 comments to "Woman Sues Because NYC Pipe Blast Reminded Her Of 9/11"

Advertisement

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com